Our contact details
Name: Emma Caddick
Address: Green Farm House, Monkwood Green, Hallow, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR2 6NX.
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Health information as disclosed, medical conditions, injuries and medication.
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- safe attendance and participation in a yoga class / workshop / course.
- Enquiries from non customers – message, name and email address – received via our website or by email – held for up to a year, and used to answer query and follow up.
- Mailing list – name and email address – populated by people registering on our website, or opting in on an enquiry form. People completing a health declaration are added to the mailing list so they can be kept in touch with class information, but all mailings have opt out link – indefinitely, but opt out link on each mailing.
- Health and registration forms from students – name, contact details and health information – completed via our website or in class – used for class management, and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Attendance registers – data collected in class – used for class management, and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Notes on classes and sessions – data collected in class – used for class management, and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Emails – sent from clients and non clients. Important messages are saved in our filing system, otherwise emails retained for up to two years.
- Payment data, excluding card information which we do not receive at any time. Received via accounting and banking systems, and saved for at least seven years for accounting and tax obligations.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Emma Caddick (see above for contact details).
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to plan for your safe involvement in yoga class, for marketing and communication purposes.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored at Green Farm House, Monkwood Green.
We keep class waivers for seven years. We will then dispose your information by secure shredding or deleting from the hard drive of the PC.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Emma Caddick, Green Farm House, Monkwood Green, Hallow, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR2 6NX, 07813 881621 if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
15th June 2020.